Friday, May 14, 2010

My Favourite Salad

I would like to introduce you to my absolutely favourite salad... which doesn't have a name... yet. This is always my go-to salad for... well... anything. AND because of that I have been waiting all winter for blackberry season. The blackberries I bought at Whole Foods were from Mexico, so not quite blackberry season in North America, but my mouth watered at the sight of them and they jumped into my basket all by themselves. It wasn't my fault... really. So here it is, and short directions... let's call it "The Delicious, Mouthwatering, Blackberry Walnut Salad Extravaganza!" Here is a picture of the mini sized salad I made for lunch today!

Recipe (If you can call something this easy a "recipe")

Fill a salad bowl with spinach
Top with: one case of blackberries,
two handfuls of walnuts (organic? mmm),
as much goat cheese as you can handle
(I used the three citrus goat cheese the make at Whole Foods... yummy!)

For the dressing:
mix equal parts olive oil and balsamic vinegar
add 2 tsp. of grainy mustard
and honey to taste (so it will be sweet!)

Just beware of staring at it for too long. Or else you will end up like me, with my face an inch from the leaves, staring... not eating. BE WARNED.


Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy!!

    Btw your blog is great! I'm following!

    Mine is www.nycislandgal.com
    Hope you like it and share the love by following me too!! ;)

    ReplyDelete