Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bleary-eyed

My eyes are bleary. I cannot decide whether they are constantly bloodshot because of the salty ocean air, or the amount of time I spend in front of my school iMac. There is something about these iMacs, they have a blazing brightness that burns the retinas. Even at the lowest brightness setting this screen is like looking straight into the sun. Avert your eyes. I have this feeling that people of the LCD screen generation are going to wake up one morning 20 years from now and realize collectively that they have ruined their eyes. To be perfectly honest, I fear I am probably one of these people with fated poor vision. Mostly because no matter how hard I try to fight it I spend most of the day looking at this screen:


This is what a radio documentary LOOKS like. Welcome to the world of ProTools audio editing! A world that sucks you in and makes time disappear. Once the interviewing stops, the editing begins... and it keeps going. On and on and on. This is my fourth version of this documentary. Fourth, because every time I put it together I am seemingly missing something. Always missing something. I just can't seem to figure out what that "something" is. If you look closely you can see a little yellow diamond that marks this session as "FINAL COPY". Well... it isn't. I write FINAL on every copy... always hoping that one day it WILL be the final copy. But, fifth version here I come, bleary-eyed and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment