Monday, March 22, 2010

Warning: Tears may ensue

I don't usually post two things in one day... in fact I don't usually post two things in one week. BUT, I really just felt like you needed to see this. ("You" is broad because I really don't actually know who is reading this, other than the people who have to!)

This is a multimedia piece done by a Salt alum named Maisie Crow (yes, that is her real name). She did some great work when she was here, and even better work after she left. She is a perfect example of a documentarian who does it all themselves. She shoots video, takes photos, interviews and collects sounds. And somehow she edits it together into genius. I only wish one day I can do what she does.

It is beautiful, and touching and heartbreaking. But she does it gently. With respect.

Here is the link: (If you cry... at least I warned you)

A Life Alone by Maisie Crow

1 comment:

  1. I have no doubt in my mind that you could create something as beautiful as this piece.

    And your right, the crying is inevitable when you watch.

    ReplyDelete